Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A New Endeavor....the pillowcase dress





My mom was so darn talented...seriously.
I have a brand new Singer sewing machine and I have no idea how to use it!
She can look at something and go home and whip up the idea and have it finished in 1 hr.
SO, during my visit to my parents, I showed her a pillowcase dress on Pinterest. I knew what she would do.
To help her along....
I went next door to the Goodwill, bought 8 pillowcases. Went to Walmart bought the other supplies.
I played her a Youtube video of a pillowcase dress tutorial...
It is 1 hr later and she has already started the second Pillowcase dress that I have officially named "the Dorothy".
The first dress is done and hanging on a hanger already. She looked at the tutorial and said:  "I can do that, but I will do it my own way!"  LOL
My daughter LOVEs the dress!
So light, airy and versatile because she can wear it as a shirt once it gets too short with little leggings.
I tell her every time I see her newest craft endeavor that she should go into business full-time. I think these dresses would ABSOLUTELY sell!
Imagine a vintage eyelet pillowcase dress!  LOVE it!
If anyone is looking for a great dress for a little girl up to size 8, let me know. We are ready to roll!
SUPER SPECIAL gift!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE them. Wish I had a "little" girl to put one on! Definately would sell.

    ReplyDelete